Monday, October 23, 2006

Almost There

What a random day :)

I'd asked dad to buy ingredients for my ginger chicken tonic, but dad bought so much food that my ginger chicken tonic became chicken stew. But of course everyone did much rejoicing (and eating) at that.. I'd be rejoicing too, but my medication seems to have made my tastebuds fall asleep.

I still have another assignment due tomorrow, but because I have neither the strength nor the focus to go at it with full fervour, I decided to just get myself a cup of white tea (my latest food phase thingy), off the lights except for the lamp on my desk, release Tori and babies into the playpen, curl up into my chair and take all night to write my essay.

The past few days have been pretty bad in terms of health issues. My old sickness came back and as usual, such great timing! :s

I usually hate the idea of taking my medication. I'd rather sleep it off because the medicine is so strong that I would also need to take gastric pill along with it, and even then it only numbs the pain for a few hours. But last night was especially bad, besides feeling nauseas, my head hurt so much that every 2-3 seconds I'd lose my train of thought. I really had no choice but to take medication and stop doing my essay.

It is really weird that though my assessment formats were the same during the time I was in Aussie, I never had any problems there. Well, I suppose, perhaps it is because third year university is meant to kill you :)

After my Monday deadline, I have an editing deadline next Friday which will be a piece of cake :) I very coyly told Rz that "after 3rd year uni, everything looks easy".. Well maybe I'd be proven wrong very soon haha..

...

Already I can think of some people in my life who make third year university look delightful and desirable :P

...

Tori and co. are doing very well. In fact, I suspect Tori might be carrying Tofu's second litter. If she is, and my calculations are correct, she would be due over the next few days too. Tarako, Duchie and Mochi are doing fantastic. They eat up a storm and my father adores them.

They are the only hamsters I'd ever had (believe me I've had so many I'd lost count, but I still remember names..) that has gotten my dad lying belly down on my parquet flooring just watching them going about doing their hammy business. Either they are really that cute (I don't know, I'd lost my heart to them the day they were born), or my father is losing his edge.

Speaking of my father's edge, my uncles and aunts commented that he is getting rounder. Daughter says: It's all that free alcohol available in business class :)

Back to work :)


- 23 October 2006 2:59m -

No comments: